Okay, so maybe the snow isn’t falling…yet. However, I hear it’s on its way! With this time of year comes our Teen Winter Reading Program. For all of you who have partaken in previous years’ Teen Winter Reading Programs, welcome back! For those of you who are new, welcome! Loads of prizes are to be won during the Teen Winter Reading Program. The grand prize this year is a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Second and third prize winners will each win $25 Visa Gift Cards. A weekly prize drawing for a surprise will happen Monday mornings. This year the rules are going to be a little different, so here goes:
- All forms and the ballot box are at the Main Circulation Desk (that’s the desk upstairs where you check out your stuff!)
- Grab a registration card (YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE!) and turn it in at the same desk listed in step 1. Congratulations! You are now signed up for Teen Winter Reading at this point!
- Once you’ve completed steps 1 and 2, grab a review sheet… or multiple if you think you’ll be snowed in and have a huge stack of books to read!
- Once you’ve read a book, or attended a teen program, fill out your review sheet and turn it into the TEEN ballot box. The way to fill out a review slip is listed on the back of each slip, but you fill in the title, circle whether you loved or hated the book (or teen program), and write 2-3 sentences explaining why you loved or hated it. DON’T FORGET TO PUT YOUR NAME AND PHONE OR EMAIL ON THE REVIEW SLIP!
- Tell the staff at the Main Circulation Desk that you’ve completed (x) number of review sheets and collect your candy:
1 Completed Review Slip = 1 piece of candy.
- Grab more review slips and get to reading!