The safety and wellness of our staff and patrons remains central as we enter our phases of reopening. Our first phase of reopening involves offering curbside service to our community. Beginning May 11, we will be open for people picking up library materials. We are looking forward to helping our patrons get the materials they need.
What you can do now: Visit nchcpl.org and click on the Search the Catalog link under the Evergreen logo. Login to your account, select the materials you would like and place them on hold. Be sure to indicate your pickup location as New Castle Henry County Public Library. (Please note that we are currently limited to items that our library owns. We cannot circulate materials from other libraries at this time.)
Need a library card? You can sign up for one here https://evergreen.lib.in.us/eg/staff/circ/patron/register
If you have any questions about this service or have problems accessing your library account, please call 765-529-0362 ext. 1341 or email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen starting Monday, May 11:
If you have holds from before the library’s closure, the library staff will call you to make arrangements for pickup.
For new holds, you will receive a phone call from a library staff member scheduling a time for you to pick up your library materials. Please note that due to volume, it may take a while to receive the notification that your items are available.
Staff will be available starting May 11th from 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday to take library material requests over the phone or you can email your requests to email@example.com
Please do not come to the library until you have received a call from the library. Walk-up service is not available at this time. No one from the public will be able to come into the library at this time.
Here’s how curbside service will work:
1. Head to the library to pick up your materials at your scheduled time.
2. You’ll need your library card and photo identification. If you are having someone else pick up your materials for you, you’ll need to tell library staff when scheduling your pick up time. That person will need to have your library card and their photo identification.
3. You will pull into one of the marked parking spots on the north side of the building.
4. Call the number on the sign and tell the staff your last name and your library card number and which spot you are parked in. Staff will double-check your library card number through your vehicle’s window. Please do not roll down your window.
5. You can return books in the book drop. Staff will not be able to take materials directly from patrons. Please note that all books that were originally due in April are now due July 1.
6. Library materials will be placed in the trunk of your car in a plastic bag.
In order to operate as safely as possible, our staff will be wearing protective gear.
Our staff is working hard as we prepare to roll out this new service. We are exploring how to continue to expand services while helping the community maintain healthy social distancing. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work hard to serve you.